The Life of Riley [Dog]

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Special Days

The "S" days I've decided are very special dog days, just for me!

Although, I must admit they do start out strange. Mommy doesn't take me for my early morning walks. Sis doesn't eagerly greet me at 6:45 a.m. Well, at least I get fed at my normal time in the morning.

Then the days get really special :) For example:

Saturday Sept 9: My special family came to see me at the Waukesha Humane Society. Then they played with me for a long time.

Sunday Sept 10: My special family came to see me at the Humane Society, then they took me to my new home.

Saturday Sept 16: We went to the Elmbrook Wag Walk.

Sunday Sept 17: It was Dad's Birthday.

Saturday Sept 23: The was the Lab Rescue Laps for Labs. This was really fun. I went with Mom and Sis. There were lots of dogs that looked like me, and some that looked like me, but were brown or black. And, there were two little dogs that wanted to look like me, but never, never would. Someone mentioned they were "other breeds." Those 2 other dogs didn't know anything about labby kisses or labby leans. Who let those other dogs in anyway??? On the way home from the lab walk, we stopped by a place called Petlicious Bakery. I liked the bakerman, he gave me treats:)

Sunday Sept 24: I got to ride in Daddy's car for the first time. We went to Gilda's house. Gilda is a Golden Retriever Puppy. Something about she is my cousin. I understood it really well, because Gilda's family gave me a really fun toy. They gave me a Kong tennis ball thingy that is shaped like a sausage. Thanks Gilda, Cyndi, Mark and Wendy!!! Gilda was little, but someone said she might get bigger than me some day...

See what I mean about the "S" days? Some people call them Saturday and Sunday. I just call them special.

Papa Ron, Papa Ron...Guess What??? I am a VIP too! Except my VIP stands for Very Important Pet. That's what the bakerman at Petlicious said. I even have a card to prove I am a VIP. And, the bakerman gives really good treats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home