The Life of Riley [Dog]

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I love special days. Special days usually mean special treats for me. I don't mean regular treats. Mom gives me lots of those. This was definitely a special treat day for me.

Mom was cooking today. I think dad was trying to help. Trust me, I'm not sure mom wanted the help. She had everything under a troll. Or is that control? I wasn't listening too much. That's eavesdropping. That is rude. Besides, I had my eye on the floor. This is one of those days that you just don't know what was going to fall. Especially mom's foot. More about that later.

The first thing that went falling...a dallop of Cherry Garcia Ice Cream. Homemade of course. A little bit fell onto the floor when it was being transferred from the ice cream maker into a different container. Yum. For those that don't know, that is a chocolate-cherry mixture. YUM.
That was at lunch time.

At dinner...mom let me try cooked aspargus, that was fresh from the field where it was grown. Mom liked the asparagus better than the steak. OK MOM - get a grip. The asparagus was OK, now let's talk about steak. That is meat. No, not really. Steak is meat with a capital M. Like MEAT. Let's puncuate that a little. Tonight was so special, STEAK !! was served. Except for sis. She had chicken with swiss cheese and some prosciutto in it, First, I got to try the chicken with the ham and cheese. That was OK. Well, it was better than OK. It was better than the asparagus. It was better than my regular dinner. Then mom gave me some of her steak. Oh, I mean STEAK! And some baked potato. YUM!!! Asparagus, what asparagus???

OK, now about mom's foot falling. Luckily it was falling gently. All of a sudden, mom turned around, and there was a foot on my tail. Not just a little bit of my tail...the whole tail. She thought a towel had fallen, so luckily she didn't put her whole foot down hard. THAT'S MY TALE and I am sticking to it!

So - what's up with this Father's Day thing? Am I a dad? I know I have a dad, but that is because I am adopted. I must have a regular 4-legged dad somewhere.

Happy Father's Day Dad! - to BOTH of my dads!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home