The Life of Riley [Dog]

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Just a couple of end-of-the-year things. Don't want to leave anyone hanging going in to the new year.

First off - do you remember this post?

  • And then, mom and sis had to go somewhere. Dad took me on a really long walk. I met a Sheryl. She was sort of sad, so I cheered her up. She used to have 2 st. bernards, a newfie and a lab/mutt. OK, so not all at once. They only had the St. Bernard, the Newfie and the lab/mutt at one time. They had a first St. Bernard before the 2nd St. Bernard. Sheryl really liked me. I really liked her. But now, all their dogs are at the Rainbow Bridge. I gave her some labby leans, and some labby kisses. I tried to convince her she should get another dog. Just like me. Ok, so the new dog doesn't have to be just like me, it just has to be someone fun for me to play with. I like big doggies!

Well, I am prouder than proud to introduce my new friend Jeeves. His person is Sheryl, and um, what's his name. I usually see Sheryl, not, um, what's his name. In case you are wondering, um, what's his name is the dad. They got a new dog. He is kind of a 'mutt-ure" guy like me, except he isn't a mutt. He is just 100% lovable St. Bernard, and he is about 5 years old.

They found him on the computer at some place called the Detroit Humane Society. That is very far away from here. Apparently Sheryl and um, what's his name decided just from the picture and his description that he would be far better off on this side of the lake. So, they went and got him and made him a brand new home here. His name is Jeeves. He found a great home. Just like me.

Funny thing though about Jeeves and Me. We like to meet and greet each other on walks. And, I don't even get jealous when Jeeves gives my walker (i.e. dad, mom or sis) a "labby lean." Except, he puts a little more weight into his labby leans. Just so Sheryl doesn't feel left out, when Jeeves gives my people a labby lean, I always give Sheryl a labby lean. Fair is fair. And, Jeeves is fun to walk with too.

Hey Jeeves: WELCOME HOME!!!

OK, the other big thing that happened is, my daily accomodations. You know, the ones when sis is at school and mom and dad are at work. I used to go into a crate. Then I got to not go into the crate and have part of the house. I could only go into the kitchen, the front hall, the steps, and the upstairs hallway. Well, that was OK for a while, like a month. Then, I kept seeing these navy blue couches. They just looked way to comfy. Because I am really smart, I figured out a way to get to those really comfy, navy couches. It was hard to cover my tracks, because, well lets just face it - I shed. Almost white dog hair shows up REALLY good on navy couches. Mom was not happy.

So, we came up with a nice compromise. In a room called the living room, which used to be the toy room when sis was little, and now it is a craft room, there is this really big pink couch. The couch was born in 1984. How old is that couch in dog years? Well, the reality is, the answer doesn't matter. That's because I get to use that couch any time I want to. Yep. Any time I want it. They usually have a dumb sheet on it, to keep the hair off the couch. But I don't care. It is just plain old soft.

(Don't tell Dad though - I'm not sure he knows I go up there during the day.) You may remember that he was never going to let me go in any of the bedrooms, in the office, I was supposed to be in a crate all day. He's really a big softy.

The other fun thing, I got to see my trainer Beth just before Christmas. I hope Ollie wasn't mad at me. My mom gave Beth some cookies, but I didn't have anything to give Ollie. I'm sure Ollie would have loved some treats too, but we only gave Beth some people stuff. Sorry Ollie. I'll try to sneak you some the next time I see you!

And with that, I think I don't have any more loose ends. so...

5

4

3

2

1...

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

Riley, you have a nice life. I'm glad a compromise could be worked out with the couches. It is also cool that you can meet so many friends on your walks. I just bark at everyone, so mom doesn't let me meet that many other dogs.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home