The Life of Riley [Dog]

Sunday, December 17, 2006

This is how a dog can get kicked out of a pet store. Permanently.

So, mom and dad took me to my favorite pet store yesterday. Just to get a bath. They thought I started smelling like a dog. I didn't notice anything smelling bad. They took me anyway.

Mom and dad were just going to give me a bath at the pet store, but there were several problems. The first problem was the newfoundland that got there before us. He clogged up the sink before he was even all the way wet. Then they had to call the maintenance guy to undo the plumbing to get the hair out. I was kind of hoping that we'd just go home instead, or maybe to the dog park.

Unfortunately, there was an opening for a shampoo, blow dry, and a nail clipping. I came out of that with a oatmeal kind of bath. I got stuck getting a bath anyway.

But anyway back to the original story. If you, as a dog, will bite the shampoo girl, they will not be happy with you at the grooming salon. And, if you really don't want to come back to the store, then bite the cashier too. You'll be banned from the store permanently.

Yep, that is what a cocker spaniel did yesterday. This dog won't be coming back, not ever.

I would never bite the shampoo girl. She was nice. She got me all wet. Did you know that us labbies like water? Then she gave me a really nice massage. Then somehow, I was pretty dry before my mom and dad took me home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Riley, I don't understand why anyone would bite the cashier. Good grief! Didn't the cocker spaniel know that the cashiers have treats? I can never wait to get done with the shopping, because I know that if I sit pretty, the lady at the front of the store will give me all kinds of treats. I don't even need to told to sit and I know where to sit, too! The last time, she even gave me more treats, because I gave her my prettiest puppy dog eyes.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home