The Life of Riley [Dog]

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Mom got freaked out today...

Of course, anyone who knows her will probably realize it doesn't take much most days to make this happen.

We were just taking our walk, just Mom and Me. Enjoying ourselves I must add, because it was beautiful outside today. When out of nowhere, some stupid black dog comes over to say "hi." This black dog kind of reminded me of my friend Lavvy but was bigger. At least Lavvy is nice to me. And, this dog was not on a leash, AND THIS DOG DIDN'T HAVE A PERSON WITH HIM. And, this dog wasn't a girl like Lavvy is.

Mom tried to get me to run with her in the other direction. 'Cept the other dog just kind of followed us. I was really surprised at what mom did. She dropped the leash, and then the black dog and I sort of growled at each other for a minute. Then we started sniffing each other. And then I decided the other dog was just plain boring, so we stopped sniffing and then I went back to mom.

We then finished our walk. I couldn't exactly understand mom on the way home. It was a lot of words I've never heard before.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ollie said...

Hi Riley. Its been a while, but since I was up-dating my blog, I figured I would stop by to see what you and your family were up too.

WOW! Thats kinds of scary that a big black dog came running over without a person. Arent you glad that our parents dont let us run free like that?

Any ways, Mom read it too and she says to tell your mom that she did the absolute right thing. BUT mom said that next time your mom shouldnt try to run, cause it will just make the other dog chase and may up any agression the dog has. Try to stand still and if there is agression showing (growling, snarling, snapping, etc) step in between the dogs and give a kick at the bad dog. You can always carry a stick to use to push other dogs away.

Sounds like you did really good too Riley. Yeah, your friend Lavvy would never growl at you, cause then I would have to kick her butt.

Hope things are going well and that you had a good turkey day.

Ooh and I have heard those "words" coming out of moms mouth too...I try not to listen when she talks like that.

Cya, Your friend.
Ollie

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home