The Life of Riley [Dog]

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Let them eat steak!!!

And all I got was a couple of green beans. What's up with that? Dogs are meat eating creatures. Dogs never never meet a meat they don't like, and my mom and dad had steak tonight. It sure smelled like a meat. It sure smelled like a meat I wanted to meet. Yeah right. And all I got was a couple of green beans.

Ok, that was the suckiest part of the weekend. Did I ever mention that the weekends are "S" days? You probably know them best as Saturday and Sunday, I know them best as "Special" days.

Yesterday was VERY special. I had dog training class at a new place. It was at a dog park. Miss Beth was there, 'cept she didn't bring Ollie or Lavvy. I got over it, because there were all sorts of dogs to play with. There was even a lab/shepard mix, but he didn't look like me at all. There were goldens, vizsla dogs. german shepards, some smaller than me, some bigger than me. There looked like a "doodle" dog, but I don't know if it was a golden doodle or a labradoodle. That dog actually went in the water, so pretty soon he was a muddy-doodle. There were even some huskies their. I really want to go back there. Really bad. It was so much fun. Oh, can we go back there PLEASE??? Pretty Please???? Pretty Please with a filled Kong on it????

Oh, and today wasn't a bad day either. Mom took me for a walk after they picked up Sis from a sleepover. Maybe I should say sleepless-over. She was pretty much toast when she got home. Luckily, Sis just crawled into bed and slept when she got home. It was a beautiful day today, so mom and dad were doing work outside. Yep, I spent most of the day outside. I had fun today. And then, some of the neighbors came over. They were Josh and Tim. Josh was the boy. I don't know how old he was. The dad was Tim. Tim had treats. Did I ever mention I LOVE TREATS????? They stayed over for a long time. Josh kept throwing me my sausage/tennis ball. He throws really well. He throws a lot better than my mom. Nothing personal mom, but you do throw like a girl.

Josh - just so you know, special people have an open invite to come over and see me. Your name's been added to the list.

And then, mom and sis had to go somewhere. Dad took me on a really long walk. I met a Sheryl. She was sort of sad, so I cheered her up. She used to have 2 st. bernards, a newfie and a lab/mutt. OK, so not all at once. They only had the St. Bernard, the Newfie and the lab/mutt at one time. They had a first St. Bernard before the 2nd St. Bernard. Sheryl really liked me. I really liked her. But now, all their dogs are at the Rainbow Bridge. I gave her some labby leans, and some labby kisses. I tried to convince her she should get another dog. Just like me. Ok, so the new dog doesn't have to be just like me, it just has to be someone fun for me to play with. I like big doggies!

Well, after that, the day just went down hill, and pretty fast too. THEY had steak for dinner. You could share next time. Really - I won't eat all of it.

But - I gotta go. Sis is working on a report. Dad wants a computer too. I really have to go.

Till later...
Riley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home