The Life of Riley [Dog]

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Today was another "S" day.

It started off weird like all S days do. Mom fed me, took me out quickly, and then she went back to bed.

Sis just wanted to snooze.

Luckily dad took me for a walk, finally about 8 in the morning.

Today, I got to go to a place called church. They were having a SPECIAL thing just today, called Blessings and Biscuits. I wasn't too sure about the blessing part, but biscuits sound like treats. There were a bunch of dogs there, and cats, and rabbits, fish, birds and a hermit crab. I did something really funny during the church service. I was standing by my dad, and I was wagging my tail. My tail was just wagging, and wagging and wagging. With each wag, my tail hit a small girl in the back of the head. It didn't hit her hard. I didn't understand why she was giggling. I wasn't tickling her or anything.

There were two older grandma-types there, or maybe they were closer to great-grandma types. They didn't seem to be there with there own pets, so I let them pet me. I thought they were really nice. I like to be petted :) And, I let a couple of really little girls pet me too:) Did I mention I like to be petted?



There were lots of every size dog. I saw Lucy, she is a toy poodle. I saw all types of dogs. Black labs, yellow lab puppies, mountain dogs, big dogs and little dogs. There were lots of golden retrievers too. Dr. Suess could have written a book about the doggies here.

Miss Ellie gave me my blessing. I didn't even get to say "hi" to Pastor Meredith. She was busy blessing a lot of the other pets that were here. Those above pictures are me getting blessed by Miss Ellie, and some of my pup friends that I met at church. They just weren't in the mood for a nice photo shoot, so I just don't have great photos. But yes, they did let us into church.

And, at the end, there were treats for the dogs. Did I ever mention I like treats?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home