The Life of Riley [Dog]

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Well, it's been a while since I've blogged.

It has been so crazy, I'm not even sure if my family is feeding me breakfast in the morning, or if they are feeding me breakfast at night, and dinner in the morning.

First off, Dad went AWOL again this week. Something about South Dakota. Good thing he came back today. Him and I need to have a serious chat. I think Sis dropped out of school. She was hanging around the house all day on Monday. And then again, she was home all day on Tuesday. Don't get me wrong here, I love having belly rubs 24/7. I'm just not used to someone being around all the time.

Now, the weather has been just frightful. I always feel like such a dork in my boots. Luckily no other dogs have seen me in them. But man oh man, it probably would have been too cold to conduct any outside business this week without them. And, the worst part of this...mom wouldn't take me for a walk while dad was gone. She is such a wuss. Apparently Mom doesn't do walks when the temperature is -17 degrees, with a windchill of -35.

And, tonight when mom got back from work, the temperature was really warm outside. She took me out while she was shovelling the snow, and then, she let me bring out my tennis ball. We played a little catch in the driveway. Only a little bit though, because then my dad got home. He's been gone since Sunday. I forgot about mom and the tennis ball. I was really happy to see my dad. Thought he forgot about me, but he was really happy to see me, too.

Dad let some new guy into the house. The new guy was Bruce. Bruce smelled good. Really good. Bruce smelled exactly like a golden retriever. Well, Bruce smelled more like 3 golden retreivers. Way to go Bruce! You can come back anytime! If you want, bring a golden friend with you next time :) Better yet, bring all your golden friends.

But anyways, Dad and I get to go on a walk tonight. Him and I have to talk about Sis and school. Why did she skip school for 2 days this week? I mean, I can't say that I blame her or anything. Heck it is was awfully cold out there. Apparently, Dad said it was OK that she missed school. School was cancelled for 2 days because of the cold.

Catch you later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

Riley, I'm glad you found your dad. The kids were playing hooky at my house. too. Your mom had to shovel. My mom didn't have to do anything. Our driveway and the path around the garage, just look the same. Tonight, I wanted to play with my ball, but only for a few minutes. Then I did my business and went back into the house.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home