The Life of Riley [Dog]

Saturday, March 10, 2007

I have a new cousin. I'm really excited. *

*Except for she is a girl. It really would be better to have a boy cousin :)

Anyway, since my cousin is only a couple of weeks old, I thought I would give her some good doggy advice. I've got 8+ years under my collar, so I'll help you figure out the ropes. Just stick by me kid!

By the way, my new cousin belongs to my uncle Kurt, Aunt Sharon and cousin Joe. She is a Basenji.

First - train your people that you'll do ANYTHING for treats. Treats are a good thing.

Second - tell your people to sign you up for obedience classes. (Obedience classes = treats).

Third - cute, sad-looking eyes will give you anything you want. (Your dad will most likely be the sucker in your family.)

Fourth - keep your family on their toes. They won't even mind if you wake them up at 2:34 in the morning to go outside for business, because anything that keeps the house clean is a good thing!

Fifth - keep your family OFF your toes. Face it, that just hurts.

Sixth - about your yodeling. Make sure you yodel at night when Joe is trying to go to sleep. Your mom and dad will be so concerned about getting the boy-child to sleep, that, well let's just say, you'll have free run of the house until the boy-child settles down and goes to sleep.

Seventh - Tell your family you like toys. Lots of toys. Even more toys than that! As the new spoiled one in your home, you should (politely) demand more toys than the boy-child has.

Eighth - Don't be afraid to cry. When I want something really bad I cry. Nobody likes a crying dog.

Ninth - Rules are made to be broken. When I landed at this house I was told "no dogs in the office". That was Sunday - by Tuesday it was one of my favorite hang-out spots. If you don't like the rules you can break them when they are not home. Unfortunately don't leave evidence. I found out the hard way - white hair on dark blue furniture is a dead give away to where I liked to sleep during the day.

Tenth - Remember your just an animal [don't let them on to how smart you are]. If I decide I need space I just let a little fart out [silent but deadly]. I'll tell you - my sister never moves very fast except when I pull that little trick.

Welcome to the family Cooper! They are (as is mine) a little crazy, I think it is because your dad and my dad are brothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home