The Life of Riley [Dog]

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

ANTICIPATION

Do you remember that commercial? I do, from my puppy days. The commercial was about a big juicy hamburger. Then some kid was waiting to pour some ketchup on it? And, there was some screechy person singing: Anticipation.

I love TV when there is meat involved, but I digress.

Now that hopefully know the commercial, let me tell you about my anticipation moment.

I carefully wait at dinner time...just in case something might happen to fall. And I wait...And I wait...And I wait. Many days and nights go by, and I am still waiting.

As life immitates art, or maybe the better way to say that, as life immitates the commercial - I keep anticipating when something will fall at dinner.

I scored BIG tonight at dinner. Sis dropped a tortilla chip with melted cheese on it. I was so fast getting that chip, that I was already smacking my lips and looking for more before they started to tell me not to eat that. (Darn!)

And then just a couple of minutes later, sis and dad bumped hands and a piece of french bread jumped out of dad's hand. Yum yum. I ate that pretty quick too. I was then anticipating mom dropping something too, but it just didn't happen. Oh well, can't blame me for hoping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home