The Life of Riley [Dog]

Saturday, February 24, 2007

He said...She said...

He Said: By the way, "he" is ME! I am a frustrated dog today. Nothing is going right. My dad is playing in the garage. Almost all day. He's been out there for HOURS. And I know he is playing out there. I can hear him. I even tried to outsmart my mom. When I went outside for a business trip, I snuck in the other direction, around to the garage door. It was closed. I haven't been able to play with my daddy all day.

She Said: By the way, "she" is my mom. I am a frustrated mom today. The day got topsy-turvy by 6:00 a.m. Our daughter was supposed to play in a music festival today, and there was about 10" of snow, so the festival was cancelled. Everyone was up, so we went out to breakfast and then went to Kohl's and the bank. When we got back, I took the dog for a walk, and my husband started to blow the snow. Then he comes out to where I was shovelling. A belt broke. He left for an hour. And, he spent over $100 on belts. Then, he decided he needed a vise for the fix, so he left for another hour. I fixed him lunch, and then he went back to work on the snowblower. He finally just finished getting the belt on and then the blower attachment, and now, at 2:30 is just starting the snow removal. My dog looks so rejected, because, he loves to spend time outside with his dad. Luckily, this little snow blower incident didn't happen tomorrow, because then my husband will be out of town again to South Dakota. We are expecting much more snow over the weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger DawnK said...

From Dawn:
Sounds like a frustrating day! I'm glad the snowblower got working again! We had way too much snow, too, about a foot, but slowly, over time, not the fast and furious blizzard they claimed would come!

From Jasmine:
I loved the snow! I played fetch over and over and over. I even played with my balls, by myself, for a while! Then I tried my best to distract shovelers by dropping my red ball at their feet. It worked, too! LOL!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home