The Life of Riley [Dog]

Sunday, April 15, 2007

The humility of it all.

My new cousin Copper came over to visit yesterday. We had fun, 'cept my dad made me eat dinner in the bathroom.

I tried really nice to share my toys. I have enough t-balls for many doggy friends. But Copper went swimming in my waterbowl instead.

And, Copper thinks that I am a climbing gym. Guess what? I'm not.

Guess what I suggested to my mom and dad? We need a revolving door at our house. See, on Friday, dad went to pick up Jake. Then dad, sis and Jake went somewhere. All day. After mom got home, then Ken and Kris came over. Then dad, sis and Jake came home. Then Ken and Kris and Jake left. Right away, then Grandma and Grandpa came over. They stayed over night. I went on a really long walk with mom and grandma on Saturday. Then mom, grandma and grandpa left, and then came back. Then grandma and grandpa left, then mom, dad and sis left.


I'm not sure, but in all of this coming and going, I don't think my grandma and grandpa gave me any treats. Maybe I was just too dizzy from all the company, and I didn't notice if they gave me treats.

Good thing I got an afternoon nap in.

Cuz, then Copper came with his people Kurt, Sharon and Joey. We played outside first, and then came in the house. My mom made a new rule for when I have playdates. No doggies in the family room. Something about the nice carpeting. Then a little bit later, Mark, Wendy and Cyndi came.

I'm not sure, but in all of this coming and going, I don't think my grandma and grandpa gave me any treats. Maybe I was just too dizzy from all the company, and I didn't notice if they gave me treats.

A bunch of us went on a long walk after the 2-legged people ate dinner. And then eventually, all the people went home, and it was just my family and me. I slept really good last night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

LOL! Maybe your treat was having all that company and a dog friend to play with! If you look carefully, I think you'll find that your sis got some treats, though! You'll have to look. I think your sis got older, though. There was some commotion with my youngest sis, just a few weeks ago. Everyone was sitting in the living room, watching her rip paper. I didn't know what all that was about. I just know there are plants growing on my crate now.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home