The Life of Riley [Dog]

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Riley, the storm protector

Last night, we had storms. You know, the ones that shake the house. This was happening about 2 a.m.

I went to mom's side of the bed, just to see if she was OK. Then I went to dad's side of the bed, and then to mom's, and then back to dad's. Mom was doing OK. I'm not even sure she knew there was a storm going on. Dad, on the other hand wasn't doing OK. Dad just wasn't snuggled into bed like he normally does. I think my dad was scared of the storm. I waited by dad's side of the bed, and dad just didn't go back to sleep. This is very unusual for him.

I had a little chat with dad. "Dad, go back to sleep, you'll be OK" that didn't work. I just couldn't go back to sleep, because dad wasn't sleeping.

Finally, I'm not sure whose idea it was first, Dad and I thought it would be better for dad if I slept on the bed close to him. Once I was on the bed, dad settled right down, and then so did I.

Six months and 12 days into my forever home, and I was sleeping on the bed. I was sleeping on Dad's bed. I guess there isn't a secret about me on the bed anymore. Go me!

Now my problem is, mom doesn't believe that I got to sleep on the bed last night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

Wow, Riley, you are a lucky dog! My mom slept through the storm, too. She never heard any thunder. The kids did, but I stayed and protected mommy, anyway.

It's a good thing you take such good care of your dad.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Oldnerd said...

Oldnerd wonders what happened to the sweet Riley dog who will do anything for treats. March 22 was a couple of weeks ago. Have you done nothing wonderful for almost 2 weeks??? Have Sis, Dad and Mom been giving you "belly rubs and treats" without any prompting??? What's up at your house?? Inquiring minds are at a loss. THE OLD NERD

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home