The Life of Riley [Dog]

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

At the vet today...

First, let me say my dad rocks. Because he took me to the vets office last night, they gave me an 8:00 appointment time. They only allow the vet to be double-booked for cool dogs like me. Maybe the Cheryl's like my sad eyes.

There was a black lab there at 8:00, for ear surgery. The black lab's dad was really upset about the surgery. Maybe he was wondering about vets and big screen TV's.

The 8:30 dog was Molly, she was a golden retriever. She wasn't too friendly. OK,maybe a little friendly. Maybe because I got to be seen before her. Because I am special, I was allowed to cut in front of her.

One of the Cheryl's really felt bad for me. I couldn't eat after 10:00 last night, just in case Dr. Beachum was going to do surgery. Once Dr. Beachum decided that I didn't need surgery, just a "fancy" manicure on my dew claw, Cheryl kept feeding me some treats. Hey Cheryl, Love you! I still have my fancy lime-green bandage on. Dr. Beachum added a white stripe to it with some tape.

I even backed up the 9:00 dog. The 9:00 dog was a hunting dog, maybe a pointer. I don't remember what he was there for. I was ready to go home and eat some breakfast!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

Wow, you must have been a special patient! I'm glad you didn't need surgery and got to go home to breakfast!

It's a good thing you didn't need surgery! That would have hurt a lot more. I do have some advice, though. If people sew at your house, tell them to be sure they pick up all their pins and needles. I somehow ended up with a needle under my skin and had to contribute towards my vet's big-screen tv fund! Fortunately, I don't contribute much to that fund!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home