The Life of Riley [Dog]

Monday, April 28, 2008

It was a grand party. I'm not sure what the occasion was, but when 23 (OK, it was 24 after Paige got there) dog loving people are at your house for an afternoon, what's not to love about the day?
I saw Papa Ron and Grandma Donna. I haven't seen them since about Christmas. I met an Uncle Robb for the first time. He was really smart. He was wearing pants that matched me! That way, there is no real proof that I shed.

But the really fun part was, many people, including mom, dad and sis, were at a place called church. Then 4 other people came into my house. Yep, I am a watch dog. I watched them get treats out of a bag to give to me. Then I watched them throw a tennis ball. (of course, then I fetched it). Then I watched them get my leash to take me for a walk. Then after everyone was at our house, I watched the floor - I was on official cleanup duty, but nothing fell. Oh well. All that watching sure made me tired, and when everyone left, except for mom, dad and sis, I took a little snooze. Well, it was a long snooze, but I was just plain tired.

Apparently, Sis got confirmed yesterday. Whatever that means. Dogs get to go to church some days, but not on confirmation days. And noone brought me presents, so really, who cares. Dad gave me a rawhide to chew after he almost tripped on me in the kitchen. You see...I will always chew on a rawhide in the living room. I don't think he gave it to me to be nice, I think it was a bribe to get out of the way. Yep - I CAN BE BOUGHT!!!

Now, for some good gossip. I heard that Copper and I will be at the Woofdorf...AT THE SAME TIME!!! We've met before, Copper is my cousin. Apparently, everyone will be at a wedding except the dogs. We'll have a good time there. Copper - tell your people to send extra food, because us doggies run around all day, so we get super hungry by dinnertime.

But with that, I have to go. Dad needs supervision cleaning up the mess(es) I leave in the yard.

Woof!

1 Comments:

Blogger DawnK said...

Riley, I'm glad you had a good time on Sunday. It was nice to see you!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home