The Life of Riley [Dog]

Saturday, May 03, 2008

It's Saturday today. Dad went to work. Mom wasn't moving very enthusiastically today. Sis slept late. OK, she didn't sleep until noon or anything, just until about 10:30. So guess what. NO MORNING WALK!!!

Mom said it was raining. She said it was cold too. Mom is a wuss. Plain and simple. Mom is a wuss.

So, I just layed around. All day.

About 5:00, Mom finally felt sorry enough for me that she took me on walk. It is May 3rd, and Mom was wearing her winter coat. Mom sure wasn't happy about this. But hey - this blog isn't about her. I was very happy to get outside and moving. You know the song...if you are happy and you know it wag your tail!!! My tail was wagging. Enough said.

We were at the field, kind of like a dog park that we can walk to from our house. Sometimes there are other dogs. Sometimes there aren't. Today I hit the doggie jackpot. The mom and dad of Jeeves were coming home from somewhere. It probably wasn't an important place, because Jeeves wasn't with them. They talked for a long time. That's OK, because I let them pet me. And, even though Jeeves wasn't with them, I could still smell Jeeves. The dad was just petting me and petting me, and I was just smelling Jeeves. I think in business, that is a win-win situation. There is no down side here. Then Jeeves's parents left.

I wasn't sad. They decided to go home and get Jeeves. Why not, if the parents are just going to be talking anyway, they might as well let us doggies play. Jeeves and I ran around like a pair of young pups. I chased him, he chased me. I chased him. He chased me. There was more of that too. Then another dog joined us. His name was Sniper. Sniper is a (littler than me) friend of Jeeves. Don't forget, Jeeves is my St. Bernard buddy. We played a lot, sniffed a lot, and just had a grand time.

Jeeves was giving my mom a lean. All 120 (or so) pounds of him. That's OK with mom, though. Apparently my mom has always liked St. Bernards.

Not too much else going on.

Happy 50-degree spring days to you!
Riley

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

Awww, Riley, sounds like you had a great time. It would really be nice if my family would ever have time to take me to Kohler-Andrae State Park sometimes! I try whining in the car, but the car never takes me there!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home